Friday, April 1, 2011

Avocado Hair Treatment

 
After two weeks of having my hair plaited up underneath my wig, wash day has finally come. My hair was dry as a bone! I totally violated my Natural Hair Challenge rule of moisturizing every other day. To combat this dryness, I conditioned overnight with Vo5 conditioner and olive oil.

My regimen has basically been anything I can find until I run out. I used Alikay Natural's Black Soap Shampoo to wash and Vo5 to condition.

This morning, as I was looking through the refrigerator, I saw an avocado that I had bought a week ago. I figured it would HURT to have an extra deep conditioning treatment. Plus, I love making concoctions and getting my hand dirty.

So, I mixed one avocado with 1/2 cup of olive oil and 1/2 cup of Vo5 and blended the ingredients until it had the consistency of a smoothie. It was left in my hair for 20 minutes. I didn't Youtube it because I didn't want to have an expectations for this treatment that would alter the actual results.

My hair definitely seems more moisturized. It's soft without feeling oily and it has a lot of shine.  I went on Amazon.com to look up the price of pure avocado oil and boy is it expensive!! I'm talking, 25-30 dollars for a 16 ounce bottle! Because I'm cheap, I will just keep buying $1 avocados from my local grocery story and doing a treatment once a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment