Saturday, February 19, 2011

I Think I'm Finna Henna

 


I've having a serious problem with dryness right now. I guess the combination of the winter and all of the gel I've been using in my protective styles has jacked me up. I've seen a couple of people do it on youtube and they had awesome results.

Problem is, they were 4as. I've never seen a 4b/4c do it. So, when I get some money, I'm going to order some Jamila Henna and try it out.

I've gotten most of my Henna info from curlynikki.com. She has a tutorial on her website that simplified the process. I'm willing to try anything at this point to cure this dryness.

I also noticed that her hair was tinted a red-ish color afterwards. I DO NOT want that to happen. I like my naturally dark hair. For me, red=ghetto and that ain't cute. But, if it does, I'll deal with it if I get the moisture that I'm seeking.

These are the links that give info about henna.


Would you try henna out? 

3 comments:

  1. This is what I've gathered from henna through the youtube videos that I've seen: The reddish color basically comes from the ingredients that you mix the henna with. Like for the people who brewed tea or red wine vinegar. They use those so that their hair will have the reddish color to it. so maybe find liquids that you can mix the henna with that won't have the reddish tone. Like maybe brewed coffee?

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I saw a 4c girl use henna and she loved her results. Her name is S1mnicity

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohh good idea. I'll research the coffee idea!

    ReplyDelete