- Get an Exercise Regimen
- Be Happy
- Take Care of Hair
- Love Myself Completely
- Don't Slip Up on Challenges
My only New Year's Resolution for this year is to make mini resolutions. Mini resolutions are just like any New Year's Resolution except the time frame is waaay shorter. Sometimes I get the impression that the only time that I can implement any major change in my life is on the first day of the year. Obviously, that's not true. I can change whatever I want whenever I want.
Also, New Year's Resolutions are so static. You can't change them. The goals that I have for right now won't apply 6 months down the road. The goals are typically very broad and I often don't know what steps I need to accomplish them.
I think monthly resolutions are the answer. I still want that 'fresh start' feeling. So, each month, I'm going to make a new resolution. Take a look at my January resolution.
January
This was made on December 28, 2010. Making the resolutions BEFORE the month makes it seem more 'official'. There are more in depth explanations of numbers 1, 3, and 5 on these posts:
I'll be back with the February resolution during the last week of January.

No comments:
Post a Comment