The product line that I'm currently using is the Jane Carter Solution. It's cheap, but effective. I made the following chart to determine which product line to buy. I also checked out A LOT of YouTube videos to supplement my decision.
Natural Hair Product Lines
Shampoo | Conditioner | Leave in Conditioner | Styling Product | Value Pack | Total | |
Jane Carter Solution | $8/8oz | $13/8oz | $9/8oz | $9/8oz | 7 Products $85 | $34 |
Alikay Naturals | $8/8oz $15/16oz | $12/8oz | $10/8oz | $13/8oz | 7 Products $75 | $43 |
Taliah Waajid | $8/8oz | $8/8oz | _ | $7/6oz | 7 Products $35 | $23 |
Miss Jessie’s | $16/12oz | $16/12oz | n/a | $22/8oz | n/a | $54 |
Kinky-Curly | $12/8oz | $12/8oz | n/a | $17/8oz | n/a | $42 |
I bought the Moisture Nourishing Shampoo, Nutrient Replenishing Conditioner, Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner, and the Natural Hold Locking Spray. I won't give this line an official review until February.
So this is what I do during my Natural Hair Challenge for the Winter.
- Pre-shampoo with a mixture of 1/2 cup coconut oil, 1/2 cup BB Oil Moisturizer, and 1 tablespoon of honey for 30 minutes to 1 hour. Feel free to mix up more if that amount isn't enough. Cover head with plastic shower cap or bag.
- Shampoo SCALP ONLY by massaging the scalp with the pads of my fingers. No scratching and no touching the actual hair strands.
- Cover hair completely with conditioner. I usually condition overnight because I'm lazy. 30 minutes WITH HEAT when I'm not so lazy. Heat choices include but are not limited to exercising, blow-drying, and a heated towel.
- Rinse conditioner out, making sure that the last rinse is with cold water. It sucks, but it works.
- Spray leave-in conditioner throughout hair and detangle to make sure the hair is covered from the roots to the tips.
- Mini-twist hair with Murray's Gel Loc-Lock and my shea butter mix. Murray's Gel Loc-Lock can be found at any local BSS. Costs $3.99.
- LIGHTLY spray Natural Hold Locking Spray on. This stuff can leave you crunchy if you go overboard.
That's about it. My hair is MUCH softer now and seems really healthy to me.
Any thoughts on the Jane Carter Solution? Or what products you're using right now?
Comments are ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS welcome.
Thanks,
Lexi
No comments:
Post a Comment