When I first BC'ed, I thought that I had reached my goal. And I did to a certain extent. I was fully natural. What I didn't know was that my BC was only the beginning. I knew enough about natural hair to get by, but during those first few months, I did my hair so wrong it was ridiculous.
- I distinctly remember blow-drying my hair EVERY day. Yes, every day. My hair was longest when it was blown out so I figured that blowing my hair out every day was the ticket. Unfortunately, extensive blow outs literally blew my hair out of my head!
- I did not LISTEN to my hair. I used the wrong products AND the wrong hair care methods. My product line-up was BioInfusion Curls Shampoo, Cantu Conditioner, and Shea Butter as my moisturizer. I experienced lots of breakage, excessive shedding, AND dry hair. Bad situation. The only reason I used the shampoo was because I was under the false impression that it would 'curl' my hair for me. Yea. I didn't know about the concept of hair typing yet.
- But the worst product of all was my Black Power Metal Pick. The handle was black with a fist in the middle and it had maybe 5 or 6 long (like 3/4 of my forearm) metal prongs. Metal should NEVER go in a natural head. After each day, there would be a HUGE clump of hair at the base of the pick. Disgusting, but true. Go plastic people!
- My products didn't match. At one point, my regimen consisted of 5 different hair care lines! Real quick, this is WHY your products should match.
- Products are DESIGNED to work together. Even IF the hair care line sucks, mixing and matching will make any product suck more. For example, if the shampoo strips the hair, the conditioner will MOSTLY LIKELY counteract the shampoo.
- If your hair responds UNFAVORABLY to your regimen, you won't know what's causing the problem! Is it the shampoo? Or the conditioner? Or maybe a combination of both?
These are just MY experiences. I am NOT a natural hair care expert. I'm new to this too.
Comments are ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS welcome.
Thanks,
Lexi

No comments:
Post a Comment